When a person becomes incapacitated, they are unable to manage their own financial and/or personal affairs. If you feel that a loved one can no longer manage their affairs, it might be time to seek a guardianship. If you are appointed as the guardian of a disabled adult, you have a legal right and duty to care for your ward. At Rathbun, Cservenyak & Kozol, our attorneys will guide you through the court system and advise you of your legal responsibilities.

In addition to disabled adults’ estates, our attorneys also regularly represent family members and other parties in minor guardianship cases. When the parents of a minor child are unable or unwilling to care for that child, a guardian for the child may need to be appointed to take over the day-to-day decision making and control of the child. Our attorneys provide representation and guidance to clients through this difficult process with compassion and skill.

The attorneys at Rathbun, Cservenyak & Kozol provide experienced and capable representation during the guardianship process to ensure that your loved one’s needs are met with the least family disruption.

Call us 24/7 for a free evaluation of your case

Call Now!

Contact us today!

Rathbun, Cservenyak & Kozol, LLC is a full-service law firm with three offices throughout Will County. Started in 1998 with one office, we now offer Joliet, Plainfield and Mokena offices and serve multiple communities and provide legal services with a wide range of litigation services.

While the Governor has issued a shelter in place order, that does not apply to legal services, which are considered essential services. Our office remains open but we are continuing to limit services to phone and video conference support at this time. If you have any questions, feel free to contact us at 815-730-1977. We are here to help!